Wild Purslane Salad With Olive Oil and Lemon Dressing
- Ready In:
- purslane (A large bunch, about 4 cups)
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Make the dressing by mixing the lemon juice, olive oil and salt together - I put mine in a jam jar and shake it up! Adjust seasonings to personal taste.
- Thoroughly rinse the purslane and remove the small fleshy leaves in clusters (the stems are easily broken with your finger and thumbnail). Rinse the purslane and pat dry. Add the diced onion and tomato and with your hands mix everything together. (Remove any roots that may still be attached.).
- Add the dressing and again, mix well - so that all the leaves are coated, as well as the diced onions and tomatoes.
- Serve alongside grilled meat and fish, cheese and charcuterie or just as a light salad with rustic bread.
Join The Conversation
Marvelously refreshing salad with a unique taste. To me, it screamed for garbanzo beans, so I added them to the mix. It worked! Per my family's tastes, I added chopped garlic and red pepper flakes to the dressing, which I let sit for an hour or so so the flavors would blend. Delicious. Thumbs up all around. Thank you for sharing your recipe.