Wild Mushroom Pizza
I love pizza and mushroom topping is my favorite. This could be a main meal or light lunch. Shredded Asiago cheese also goes great melted on top of pizza.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sliced assorted fresh wild mushroom (such as morel, oyster and shiitake)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package ready-to-serve thin pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir frequently, until onion is crisp-tender and caramelized. Stir in parsley.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good, but unfortunately, it just really wasn't to our tastes. I can't really imagine why--we love mushrooms and garlic. We used oyster, shiitake, and chantarelle. The mushroom mixture was tasty, but it just didn't work as a pizza topping for us. I would recommend people who love mushrooms still try it. If I were to try it again, I'd probably use a mix of only European mushrooms--no shiitake. I'd also use some kind of sauce and/or mozzarella under the mushrooms mixture.Reply