Wild Mushroom and Navy Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wild mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups beef stock or 6 cups mushroom stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- cayenne pepper, a pinch (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- In a big soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, green onions, and salt; saute until mushrooms have released their liquid and are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and saute for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in stock and wine.
- Add in beans and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Decrease heat and simmer for about 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir in cream, cayenne, and salt/black pepper to taste; reheat over medium heat until steaming, stirring often.
- Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!