Wild Berry Rice for Rice Cooker
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 45 ml honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup mixed berry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons port wine (optional)
- berries, for serving
- Place rice and 2 cups water into rice cooker and with lid on set cooker to cook.
- Once cooked fluff rice and stir in honey, butter and cream. Close lid and allow to stand to for 10 minutes on the keep warm setting.
- Place berries, icing sugar, 1/4 cup water and port into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Fold berry mixture through rice mixture.
- Transfer to serving glasses and top with extra berries and cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved this (rest of crew was finicky). I used 1 pkg. frozen mixed berries (thawed) and added a bit of almond syrup instead of the port. This is best served immediately as it does tend to dry out if left to sit too long. When this is ready to serve, however, I think this is unbeatable. This will go into my "for company" file. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Gold Coast Australia