Wiener Schnitzel With Jaeger Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 4 pork chops or 4 veal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying) or lard (for frying)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped (or use canned strained mushrooms)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Pound the meat thin and cut the fringes carefully.
- Salt lightly, bread them and put them in a saucepan and fry both sides of them in hot fat.
- There should be enough fat in the saucepan so that the schnitzel float in the saucepan and do not touch the bottom.
- Prepare three plates: Put flour on one, breadcrumbs on a second and two eggs that have been whisked. Cover the meat first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan. Add onion and mushrooms and fry until golden. Add water, bring to a boil, and blend in the brown gravy mix.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!