Wicklewood’s Herb Dumplings (Gluten Free)
photo by WicklewoodWench
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces gluten free plain flour
- 2 ounces gluten free vegetable fat or 2 ounces lard, grated
- 2 tablespoons low fat natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- water, to mix
- In a bowl mix the flours, lard, yogurt, herbs, baking powder and seasoning.
- Add enough water to bind together.
- Shape the mixture into dumpling mixture into 7-8 balls, and gently drop simmering stew or casserole.
- Cover and cook until they rise to the surface, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and allow to brown. (Optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img title=...and src=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3818/dscf2137t.jpg alt=width=491 height=640 /></p> <p><span><span><strong>...and so the wench,the maid and the village idiot lived happily ever after.</strong></span></span></p> <p>I have always loved my food (not just my own but anyone's who offered it to me),,, then five years ago I was diagnosed with ceoliacs disease and all notion of ever having my favorite foods again went out the window. However, nessesity really is the mother of invention; instead of feeling sorry for myself and my dietry limitations,,,I got creative. I am in the process of starting my own business, which initially was exclusively targeted at ceoliacs, but thanks to my new husband and his diabetes, we hope to create food that is not only gluten free and sugar free or low carb, but will also cater for those amongst us with a whatever attitude to healthy food...Yes I do have one left at home,,bring on the empty nest.</p> <p><span><span><strong>The other man in my life</strong></span></span></p> <p><img title=The src=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5314/file4226.jpg alt=width=320 height=213 /></p>