Wicked Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Cream cheese filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat pumpkin, eggs, oil and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients together. Then add molasses and dry ingredients to your mix until well blended.
- Scoop large rounded spoonfuls of batter onto a greased cookie sheet and space at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until done.
- Filling: Add all ingredients in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- When whoopie shells are cooled, place a scoop of filling between two shells.
- Wicked good!
Well my hubby is a "Mainah" and I just love everything Maine so this includes the whoopie pie. It was hard not to eat the shells by themselves. They were OH SO GOOD!!! I would say the only 'problem' I had with the recipe is the filling was a little too sweet and not as stiff as I remember it but that didnt stop anyone from eating them. There will be a next time when I make these but I will adjust the filling to my liking. Totally recommend it!
see 8 more reviews