Wholemeal Chocolate Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe on the back of a Champion Wholemeal Flour packet. The picture looks mouthwatering so posted here for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown flour, wholemeal
- 3⁄4 cup flour, white standard
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- Dissolve cocoa in boiling water. Mix to a smooth paste. Add vanilla and allow to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add cocoa mixture. Beat eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift wholemeal flour, standard flour and baking powder together. Return husks from sieve back into the sifted flour. Fold sifted ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- When cold, dust with icing sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION