Wholemeal Carrot Cake
Quick, simple and sure to please.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots (approx 2 medium carrots)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- Sift flour, soda and cinnamon into bowl, return husks in sifter to bowl.
- Add sultanas, carrot and sugar, mix well.
- Beat eggs and oil together with fork, add to well in centre of dry ingredients, beat well.
- Spread mixture into well-greased 28cm x 18cm (11in x 7in) lamington tin, bake in moderate (175 C) oven approximately 40 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Let stand in tin 5 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I agree with Stardustannie, this is very sweet, even though it doesnt have that much sugar. I cooked this in a slightly bigger tray, (the sizes are all different in the USA) and ended up with more of a slice then a cake. I didnt ice it, just cut it up, and it disappeared quickly. thanks kiwipomReply
see 1 more