Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (plus extra for shaping the dough)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix in butter (either with a pastry blender or by hand and if adding by hand, cut into pieces), until the butter pieces are the size of small peas. Then roughly chop raspberries and fold into batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine heavy cream and ricotta, then stir ricotta mixture into flour mixture until blended. Shape into a large ball in the center of the bowl and then very gently transfer to a heavy floured surface. Flour the top of the dough and shape into a large rectangle, about 7” long and about 1” high. Cut into 9 even squares and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until edges are slightly crisped and golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack after a few minutes and allow to settle a little more before eating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!