Whole Wheat Pasta With Roasted Sweet Potatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The whole wheat pasta pairs perfectly with the roasted sweet potatoes, yielding a earthy, nutty dish. You can serve this on its own, but serving it with any grilled meat, such as filet mignon or pork tenderloin, would be delicious.
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 medium sized sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- ground salt and pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (spaghetti, farfalle, penne, whatever you like)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbs, d'provence
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh sage (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet; drizzle some more olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper; toss.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, herbs d' provence, and salt and pepper until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the sweet potatoes; add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and emulsion; stir well.
- Top with parmesan and herbs.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION