Whole Wheat, Oatmeal and Banana Pancakes
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, dry powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- Place the rolled oats into the jar of a blender and blend until the texture resembles coarse flour.
- Whisk together the blended oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes.
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"