Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Breakfast Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These muffins are made with the goodness of whole-wheat flour to boost fibre. The addition of cottage cheese also provides protein to keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute, well shaken
- 2% low-fat milk
- canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries or 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Stir the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the cottage cheese with the eggs, milk, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla in a separate bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients; pour in the wet ingredients and stir just until combined (do not over mix). Fold in the cranberries. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with almonds (if using).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean; cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION