Whole Wheat Apricot Raisin Bread
photo by Ilaview02
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 35mins
- 2 ounces dried apricots
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Chop apricots into 1/2" pieces and soak them in the milk for 4 hours.
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder, soda and nutmeg in a bowl and cut in butter. Add sugar and raisins.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the beaten egg and the milk and apricots. Mix well to make a soft dough.
- Place mixture in a greased 1-pound loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Turn the loaf onto a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live and work in Anchorage, Alaska. I teach, so most of my life is spent grading papers, but I cook whenever I can. I like experimenting with recipes from different world cuisines and, since I do live in Alaska, I cook a lot of fish.