Whole Grain Pancakes
A very filling and wholesome breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Using wire whisk, mix egg whites and milk.
- Add oats to milk mixture, let set 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in griddle or non-stick frying pan.
- Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Mix baking powder, flour and sugar in separate bowl.
- Whisk dry mixture into milk mixture.
- Scrape cooled butter from griddle into batter.
- Whisk butter into batter.
- Turn griddle on to medium heat.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto griddle.
- Cook until edges of pancake no longer glossy.
- Flip pancakes and cook on second side until light brown.
- You can add berries, chocolate chips by dropping them into uncooked pancake after pouring batter onto griddle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought the recipe was very bland (as printed). I'm not a big pancake fan myself, which is why I gave it an average rating instead of a low one. I think this recipe definately needs the optional chocolate chips or fruit to make it enjoyable. It was definately filling! I had two pancakes (out of a batch of 6) and I was full! And I'm a big guy :)Reply
see 1 more