Whole Grain Mustard Aioli
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- Using mortar with pestle, mash garlic with coarse kosher salt until paste forms (or mince garlic and mix with salt).
- Transfer garlic mixture to small bowl.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead; cover tightly and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am not a fan of plain mayo on sandwiches or burgers....but thought this recipe sounded intriguing. I am so glad I chose it! I used a good grain mustard that contained horseradish, so it probably had a bit more zip to it, but it still blended so well with the mayo, lemon juice and garlic. I used this mixture on a rye bread with ham for lunch today. Since I am also not a huge fan of catchup, I can't wait to try this recipe on my next burger! Thanks so much for posting this recipe Sarah, another keeper for sure :) Made and reviewed for the AUS Make My Recipe Tag Reunion December 2012.