Whole Boneless Ham in Pastry Crust
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 (3 lb) boneless ham
- 1 cup water
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan; add water. Cover with aluminum foil. Place in a cold oven and set temperature to 325°F; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and drain. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry dough into a long rectangle 3/8-inch thick. Spread orange marmalade over ham. Place ham on one side of dough and fold over to enclose ham. Brush dough with egg. Return to pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F and bake for 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was lovely! The whole family enjoyed the marmelade flavour with the ham. The only change I made was to place the ham into the pastry casing right from the start. I baked the ham for 1 1/4 hours. I want to make this again using ham steaks and serving cold as picnic food. Will let you know how that turns out.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work in health care and love to cook. My mother is from France. I take after her, however with working long hours I like fast simple recipes Monday-Friday. On the weekend Icook those extra special dinners.