Whitefish With Lemon Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Tender flaky whitefish with radicchio, cannilleni beans, and a fresh lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup fish stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 white fish fillets, such as tilapia
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- lemon vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the radicchio and saute until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and broth, and cook until the beans are heated through, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Season the radicchio mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a 14-inch (or 2 smaller) nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge the fillets in flour to coat completely. Shake of the excess flour and fry 3 fillets in each pan until they are golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Blend the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
- Spoon the radicchio mixture over the center of the plates. Top with the fillets. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION