White Wine-Shallot Sauce With Lemon and Capers
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine oil and shallots in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine, increase the heat to medium-high and simmer until the pan is almost dry, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and continue to simmer until the mixture has reduced slightly, 3-5 minutes.
- Off the heat, whisk in the cream cheese, capers, parsley and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over sauteed or pan-fried fish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!