White Sauce (Cheesy or Not) Medium Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a medium white sauce, to be used on creamed casseroles, scalloped foods, etc.
- Ready In:
- Melt butter over low heat in sauce pan.
- Blend in flour and seasoning over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Allow to cook for at least 1 minute to eliminate raw flour flavor.
- Remove from heat, SLOWLY add milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth paste; stir in remaining milk.
- Return to heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil again and keep stirring until thickened.
- If you want cheesy white sauce, add 1/2 cup shredded cheese (you can add as much cheese as you like to make it as cheesy as you wish).
- Cover pan with tight fitting lid to prevent film formation until sauce is to be used.
- Use on creamed and scalloped foods, sauces, gravies and in vegetable dips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 19 more