photo by Leslie
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 1 pint milk
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Add flour and beat until smooth, remove from the heat.
- Add milk, a little at a time, and beat well.
- Bring to the boil and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time. This completes the cooking of the starch in the flour.
- Rich White Sauce: Add an extra 2 oz butter to the completed sauce after it has cooled slightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Moved to New Zealand in 2002. Company Director