White Melon Sangria
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
6 1 cup servings
- 1 1⁄2 cups melon, pieces (mixed colorful bite-size melon pieces, such as cantaloupe, honeydew, Ogen or Charentais)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or (750 ml) bottle pinot grigio wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or 2 tablespoons other orange-flavored liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup sparkling water or 3/4 cup club soda
- ice cube
- limes or star fruit, slices (to garnish)
- 1 small mint sprig (to garnish)
- Stir melon and sugar together in a large pitcher. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes to draw out the juices.
- Just before serving, stir wine, brandy, Triple Sec (or other orange liqueur) and sparkling water (or club soda) into the pitcher.
- Add ice cubes to 6 glasses.
- Fill the glasses with sangria, spooning some of the fruit into each glass.
- Garnish each drink with a slice of lime (or starfruit) and a sprig of mint.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Finish with Step 2 just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!