White Christmas Chicken Chili
A White Chicken Chili with personality! It’s not exactly healthy, thanks to the addition of sour cream & heavy cream – but don’t leave them out. I promise they take the soup to a whole new level! Substitute Original, Mild or Hot Rotel, depending on your preferred spice level.
- Ready In:
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can original rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can hot rotel
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Sauté onions in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add spices & sauté briefly.
- Add Rotel, beans, green chiles & chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add shredded chicken and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add sour cream & heavy cream. Be careful not to allow soup to boil again once they have been added.
- Serve with tortilla chips, diced avocado & a sprinkle of chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.