White Chocolate Party Mix
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces small pretzels
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 5 5 cups Rice Chex or 5 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla chips (Wilton Candi Melts or use Candy Quick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium-high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Microwave on high for 10 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Spread onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cool; break apart.
- Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sure did love this; meant to make a half-batch, but glad I didn't! I will share some with DH's clients, and they are the lucky ones! I think some places call this White Trash mix, but I don't care about the name, just the taste! Perfect for gift giving, cookie trays for the holidays or if you're just tired of the same ol', same ol'. I may try mixed nuts next time, but the peanuts are just fine. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, trick!
I have to confess: my first attempt at this was a DISASTER. The white chocolate 'scorched' in the microwave, kept getting harder and coarser instead of smooth and melted. I went to the store and bought some more white chocolate and tried again, this time setting my microwave to 50% power after the 1st minute. That worked, and the results were very tasty. This would be good for a pot luck. This recipe halves easily.