White Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Frosting
From "Cake Mix Magic." This is a very interesting combination of flavors that I can't wait to try out. This frosting is recommended for white, spice, or chocolate cakes. You can choose to replace the hazlenuts with pecans or almonds for another interesting variation.
- Ready In:
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares (4 oz total)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light cream (10%)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In a small saucepan, combine white chocolate, butter and cream. Heat, stirring constantly, over low heat until smooth. Cool 15 minutes.
- Add coconut, nuts and confectioner's sugar. Mix well. If necessary, add a little more confectioner's sugar or milk to reach a soft spreading consistency.