White Chicken Chili
photo by Chef DMH1978
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- whole roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 4 cloves, garlick
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cubed celery
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans navy beans
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, Draines, Chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrdded montaray monterey jack cheese
- Place Canola oil, garlick and onion in a pan and saute on medium heat till soft or browned.
- Add celery and carrots and let saute for about 3 minuted till semi soft.
- Combine the rest of the ingrediants (Not the sour cream and cheese) in a large pot, or slow cooker, and let heat on low for about 2-3 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with the sour cream and cheese to tast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!