White Chicken Chili
photo by jellygirl
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 onion, diced (vidalia)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 jalapenos, diced (one whole and the other two with membranes and seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 6 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- -Pour the taco seasoning and poultry seasoning into bowl and mix. Dredge your chicken breasts in it and place in a 9x13 dish and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes. Shred or dice after cooked and set aside.
- -Melt butter and sauté onion, garlic and jalapenos until onions are soft.
- -Drain and rinse the beans and add to onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally to meld the flavors.
- -Add chili powder, cumin and flour into bean mixture and stir for 5 minutes. Make sure to scrape any of the bits off the bottom of the pot.
- -Add the chicken stock, 1/2 and 1/2, salt, white pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Cook until thick. Again scrape the goodness off the bottom of the pot.
- -Add the chicken. Then slowly add the cheese a little at a time, until it is melted. Otherwise you will have a cheesy glob of a mess.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!