White Chicken Chili
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- Place chicken, onions, bell pepper and garlic in crockpot and cover with the chicken broth and wine.
- Stir in all the spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 3--4 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 T of cornstarch with 1/2 cup of cold water; whisk into liquid in crockpot.
- Add the, shredded chicken, green chilies, beans and corn to the mixture, then cover and cook an additional 2-3 hours on high.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!