White Bean Stew With Swiss Chard and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe from People Magazine, 2011.01.10 "328 calories per serving"
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs swiss chard, large stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (26 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add chard to a large pot of boiling water and simmer over moderate heat until tender, 8 minutes. Cool slightly, then drain and gently squeeze out excess liquid.
- In the same saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat, and cook garlic and crushed red pepper flakes until garlic is golden, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add beans and simmer over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the chard and simmer over medium heat until the flavors meld, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION