White Bean Dip - Pressure Cooker
- Ready In:
- Soak beans overnight in water to cover or use the quick pressure-soaking method.
- Drain In a pressure cooker, cover beans with at least 1" water.
- Lock the lid in place and bring cooker up to full pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low just to maintain even pressure, and cook for 12-13 minutes for Great Northern beans or 8-9 for navy beans.
- Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop naturally.
- Drain beans and rinse under cold running water to cool them quickly.
- In a food processor, drop cloves of garlic through feed tube with machine running to chop.
- Add beans, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes; puree until smooth.
- Fold in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again