White Bean and Chicken Chili
This is from Bon Appetit 10/08. I'm posting it here so I'll have it later. The recipe came from jw's Food and Spirits in Grand Haven, Michigan
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers, from jars
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, and jalaneno and saute until beginning to soften, about four minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and saute one minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about three minutes.
- Add beans, chicken and half and half. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until heated through, about five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Quite tasty! My chili turned out darker-colored because I used chicken boullion for half the broth and homemade veg. broth for the rest. I would like to try it next time with a nice chicken broth. I used 3/4 lb diced turkey breast, and think 1 lb. would be too much. The soup seems like it doesn't have enough liquid until you add the half and half, and then it's perfect. Top with shredded cheese and serve with a salad or cornbread! Delicious!Reply
see 1 more