White Bean and Chicken Chili
A great change from regular tomato based chili. This doubles great!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green chilies (canned, undrained)
- 1 lb chicken breast (diced and sauteed with 1 clove garlic, salt and pepper till browned)
- 1 tablespoon gound cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- sour cream
- green onion
- grated monterey jack cheese
- Rinse beans and place in a bowl 3 times as big as the beans fill it.
- Cover the beans with cool water 2-3 inches past the top of the beans.
- Soak over nite.
- Next day drain and place in large pot with chicken broth ,cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- While beans are cooking place butter in a saute pan and melt.
- Add garlic, onions, and chilis and saute till onions are soft.
- Add chili mixture to beans and then add chicken, cumin, oregano, and peppers.
- Cook for 1/2 hour and add cilantro.
- garnish as desired and serve with corn chips or corn bread.
- Time does not include soak time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION