photo by zarameid
- Ready In:
- Peel (eplucher) the shrimps, keep the shells separately, set the shrimps cold until the last minute.
- Cook the shells in cream on low heat, don’t let boil the cream too thick.
- Peel (peler) the asparagus on a cutting board, then they have more support and they are less easily broken, remove the last 4 to 5 cm from the end of the asparagus ( the woodlike end), place the asparagus in a bowl with lightly salted cold water.
- Put the butter on the side of the stove and let it slowly melt = clarified butter. (Beurre clarifiè).
- Put the egg yolks in a Sauteuse, add a little cold water and stir well with a whisk.
- Put the asparagus on the stove and bring to boil (bouillir), on the boiling point you take the asparagus from the heat and allow them 20 minutes poaching in their juice (blanchir).
- Beat the egg yolks to a creamy mass (cheerfully), until a nice bonding, however, keep the temperature in the eye, too hot, the eggs are baking, when the masses will rise above 85 ° is looking out to avoid this.
- Where the bottom of the pan is visible, and the sauce separately, then it is only the time you radiating the melted butter to add, please note the butter is not hot, otherwise the sauce will curdle also , mix the butter is so good that she is a pretty homogeneous with foamy mass.
- Pass the shell cream through a fine sieve (passer au CHINOIS) and collect the cream, boil the cream for a bit to the right thickness (réduire), take away from the heat and spoon the cream in the mousseline sauce.
- Cut the brioche bread into slices of just over an inch, remove the crusts from the bread and then cut into strips just over an inch; fry the sticks until golden brown on all sides in a dry anti-stick pan.
- Remove the asparagus from the poaching juice and let them drain (egoutter) on a clean towel.
- Arrange them nicely on a plate and cover (Napper) them with shrimp mousseline, let the heads of the asparagus free, sprinkle the sauce with peeled shrimps, garnish with chives and brioche bread croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!