Whispering Windows Butter Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Make 2 parallel slits in each piece.
- Marinate overnight in yogurt and salt.
- When ready to cook, heat the butter in a 6 quart saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add the onion and stir fry until golden, but not brown.
- Add the cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, tomatoes;.
- stir well.
- Add the marinated chicken with the marinade.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, cashews and cardamon.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very nice curry which we both enjoyed. The cook time of 35 minutes is quite off though, as the recipe involves cooking for over an hour. I used lite cream and so uncovered my curry for the last 15 minutes or so while I was cooking the rice to thicken it up a bit. I didn't have cardamom seeds so split open a number of green cardamom pods to get the seeds instead - it added a very lovely flavour. I used 3 chicken thigh fillets and one breast fillet. Served with rice, roti and mango chilli sauce, thanks for a lovely meal!