Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped good quality chocolate
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Place chocolate in large metal mixing bowl.
- Heat cream to boiling, either on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add powdered sugar, sm amt at a time to taste.
- Place the bowl, uncovered, in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 1 hour. Also place the electric mixer beaters to chill.
- Remove bowl and beaters from fridge and whip ganache on high for 2-3 minutes, or until it lightens in color and triples in volume.
- Use as desired on cake or cupcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Chandler, Arizona, which is near Phoenix. I have been a registered nurse for almost 25 years. Currently I am a clinical supervisor at a health care clinic. I love to cook rich foods with complex flavors, whether they be main dishes or desserts. I have also been eating low carb for about 5 years, so I am pretty good at modifying recipes to match my lifestyle.