Wheat Sweet Salad
photo by Montana Heart Song
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 cup raw wheat, cleaned and washed
- 6 -7 cups water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 21 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (14 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In large saucepan, add wheat and 6 cups of water. Cook about 3 hours on low heat. Add one more cup of water if necessary Do not let wheat burn. The wheat will puff up and be very soft. Stir once in a while. Watch the water.
- Drain any remaining water in colandar. Rinse with cool water.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, instant vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple and juice. Beat on low speed until mixed.
- Add cool whip, and mix in low speed.
- Add cooked rinsed wheat, and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Note: You can use Instant Pistashio Pudding or instant lemon pudding.
- You can also freeze this salad. A long keeper dish for the refrigerator too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this on request from my brother. I didnt measure the wheat but I doubled the cream cheese/ pudding part of the recipe for my son's birthday party yesterday. The recipe was easy to follow and tasted great. I have never cooked wheat, have only ground it into flour. It was time comsuming but easy enough to stir every once in a while. It was devoured quickly and all I have left is a small bowl full...I did send some home with the brother because he liked it so much. I do have left over wheat in the deepfreeze to make it again because I did get carried away with the amount. My MIL loved it and I am sending the recipe home with her so she can make it for an upcoming retirement party for work. Thanks a bunch for a new salad idea.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>