wheat noodle kugel with vegetables
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
savory and healthy ingredients too. from faye levy.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- preheat oven to 350.
- boil noodles about 5 minutes, drain,rinse with cols water, set aside.
- in saute pan add oil, heat onions, celery and cook until softened.
- add carrots and zucchini, stir, remove from heat.
- in a large bowl mix noddles with veggies, sour cream, cheese, spices.
- mix in eggs.
- grease a baking dish, add mixture, bake 40 minutes uncovered, until set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well this was convenient. I needed to use up my eggs and dairy stuff after the power falilure, and I had everything here. It was easy to make and very nice, homey "comfort" food. I would have liked some herbs in it, I think. I used extra sour cream and cottage cheese - since the object of the exercise was to dispose of them - which made it extra rich and good.2Reply