Wheat Berry Salad With Cranberries
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Ellie Krieger's recipe from Food Network. It's the closest I can find to the wheatberry salad I've had from the deli at Whole Foods, which is to die for! This has tons of 5 star reviews on FN's website. Posting for safekeeping!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat berries
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot combine the wheat berries and enough water to come 2 inches over the wheat berries. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain and let cool. Toast the nuts in a medium dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, walnuts, celery, dried cherries, scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION