Werewolves of Lundon
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- Cut the mushrooms in half and set aside.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, hot sauce, paprika, and salt to taste in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and gently toss to coat with butter.
- Add the garlic and sauté mushrooms and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce mixture and gently stir to coat mushrooms.
- Raise heat to medium-high, cover, and stir every few minutes until the butter separates from the sauce and the mushrooms are coated with a heavy caramel-like glaze.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to a serving dish.
- Discard remaining sauce and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! Even to a mushroom-hater! I loved the name so I had to try the recipe. I had 16 oz of mushrooms, half regular & half baby bellos so I reduced the amount of Worcestershire to about 3/4 cup but didn't reduce anything else. I love that these are like, mushrooms in disguise. LOL They have great savory flavor with just the right amount of kick from the cayenne & hot sauce. I'll be making them again, as the whole family loved them. Thanks for posting, Two Socks! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0