- Ready In:
- 1 crusty baguette
- 1 cup shreded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup dark beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayene pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- cut baguette into slices and lay on pan.
- brush the bread with butter.
- toast bread under broiler for 2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan.
- add in equal amount of flour.
- add in 1/3 cup whole mix.
- pour in beer.
- now throw in the cheese.
- mix in spices and mix togther.
- last whisk in egg.
- spoon mix into toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">