Well Done Steaks...the Right Way!
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- If you have a large cast iron skillet, now is the time to use it. Set it on the burner on high and heat it up for about 5 minutes. Get it scary hot.
- Season your steaks - salt, pepper, oil -- or pretty much anything you like on your steak. If you are using filet mignon or an extremely thick steak, butterfly it before cooking.
- Toss your steaks in the skillet, get your oven fan on and turn your smoke detector off, do not touch those steaks for 3 minutes.
- Flip carefully, and no more touching for 3 minutes more.
- Move pan to the oven (make sure your pan is oven safe) -- if you have a digital meat thermometer, use it and let meat get to 165 or so. If you don't, I'd say 10 minutes in oven.
- You are supposed to let a steak rest for 5 minutes or so after taking it out of the oven. I don't -- and it's never hurt me!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hey all! I am a weekend cook....hence the lazy gourmet title.</p> <p><br />I'm a veterinary technician with an animal shelter in Chicago. I take care of approximately 150 cats and 20 dogs on any one day in the rehabilitation unit. It's a good feeling job. <br /><br />I've been married to a keeper who I just celebrated my 13th anniversary with. We have our furry children - right now seven cats, two rabbits and two guinea pigs, along with my current foster dog who is recovering from a stint at a puppy mill (BOO HISS PUPPY MILLS). <br /><br />So enjoy my recipes! <br /><br />lazy</p> <p><a href=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Cookbook%20Swap%20Designs/AZPCookbook2a-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Cookbook%20Swap%20Designs/AZPCookbook2a-1.jpg</a><a href=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Cookbook%20Swap%20Designs/AZPCookbook2a-1.jpg><span class=smpt><br /><br /></span><br /></a></p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/spices2.jpg alt= width=262 height=186 /><br /><br /><a href=http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/?action=view&current=spoiledpetswap09partbanner.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/MidwestMaven/spoiledpetswap09partbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/WineSwapBanner2009-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg border=0 alt=I am alw /> <br /><img src=http://home.insightbb.com/~webdesign5/Logo1a.jpeg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Birthday%20and%20Celebration%20Images/spicesswap_amtag1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/KBparticipation.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/CookbookParticipation2.jpg alt= /></a></p> <p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>