Weintraubentorte (Grape Torte)
- Ready In:
- Sift flour and sugar into a medium-size bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, egg yolk, lemon rind, and salt; mix with a fork to form dough.
- Cover dough and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a circle; place in an ungreased springform pan.
- Form a 1-inch high rim.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean and halve grapes, and remove seeds if necessary.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; blend in sugar, lemon juice, and ground almonds.
- Carefully fold in the grapes.
- Remove cake from the oven.
- Fill baked cake shell with grape mixture, return to the oven, and bake for another 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"