Weihnachtskekse (German Christmas Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces brandy
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white
- almonds or brown sugar, for decorations
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually, continuing to cream.
- Add egg yolks, orange rind, nutmeg, vanilla, and brandy. Mix well.
- Slowly add flour until mixture becomes a workable dough. Roll out and cut with Christmas cookie cutters, brush with egg white and decorate (sprinkles, almonds, nuts, etc.). If you sprinkle with brown sugar before baking they will sparkle!
- Bake at 375-400°F for approximately 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 24 year old college student at UT Martin, where I am studying political science. I have always enjoyed all things governmental. I have a miniature dachshund named Dory,and I absolutely adore her! I am very family-oriented, which is good because I come from a LARGE family! I have strong southern women in my family who have helped me establish a strong core as well, not to mention they are fabulous cooks!