Weight Watchers Pork and Hominy Stew (5 Points)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 . 5 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- Sprinkle pork with salt. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Stir broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chile powder, oregano, cumin and coriander into slow cooker. Top with hominy. Cover and cook until pork is fork-tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am finally learning how to cook thanks to recipezaar! I haven't really made up any of my own recipes yet, but I have made a lot of the ones posted on here. Asian food is my favorite thing to make, and I also enjoy making desserts (especially cheesecake). I am amazed by how easy it has been for me to learn how to cook. I always used to think cooking was so hard and time-consuming, but I learned that once you have all the ingredients and proper equipment on hand it's not very difficult. I used to only cook stuff in the microwave or in the crockpot, but since I joined recipezaar I have been working my way up to more and more challenging recipes.