Weight Watchers Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (or to taste, for cooking pasta)
- 12 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese (extra-sharp suggested) or 5 ounces colby cheese, shredded (extra-sharp suggested)
- 3 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated (Parmigiano Reggiano suggested)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook macaroni in salted water as directed on package; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly add flour, stirring constantly; cook for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk to thoroughly incorporate flour mixture.
- Stir in onion, paprika and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Combine blue cheese with about two-thirds of both types of cheddar cheese in saucepan and season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in macaroni. Pour half of macaroni mixture into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar cheeses.
- Pour in remaining macaroni mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into 9 pieces.
- Yields 1 piece per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!