Weight Watchers Chili Lime Chicken 3 Points
From WW in a Flash magazine Cookbook. Good and you can make it in 15 minutes!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts (4 oz thin-sliced skinless1/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (fat-free low-sodium )
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
- In a large ziplock bag, mix the flour, chili powder, and salt. Add chicken and shake until well coated.
- Transfer the chicken to the skillet, shaking off any excess flour; saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour broth and lime juice over the chicken; heat to serving temperature, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon the pan juices over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked this. Simple to make and quick. I liked the flavor, although it was a bit subtle. DH didn't like it at all. DS ate it without complaint - but that's not saying much, he eats everything in site. My brother, in town for the night, liked it but didn't rave about it. But I enjoyed it and will probably make it again when DH isn't around for dinner or something. I doubled the sauce and served it over rice. And had green beans, a salad, and crusty bread to round it out.Reply
This was a hit with my family. I doubled the recipe using two separate skillets and used pounded chicken breasts. The sauce was very good, but it reduced too much, I will double the amounts for broth an juice. Thank you for sharing, I know I'll be using it often. Even the kids loved it :) Made for Spring PAC, '10Reply
see 2 more