Weight Watchers Chicken Sofrito
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious latin dish made with chicken breast, tomatoes, garlic, serrano peppers, and fresh herbs.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, bone-in (3 large split breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- 2. Add the onion, serrano pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, and garlic. Season with salt and cumin. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions begin to become translucent. Take out of the pot and set aside. This is the sofrito.
- 3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 7-10 minutes until the skin is browned and crispy.
- 4. Add the sofrito to the chicken with the chicken broth, cilantro, and thyme.
- 5. Cover and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION