Weekday Pot Roast and Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless bottom round roast or 2 -2 1/2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetables, powder
- 4 medium potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges (about 1 lb)
- 3 cups baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced (about 3/4 cup )
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans campbell's beef gravy
- Sprinkle all sides of roast with garlic powder. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast and cook unitl browned.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with basil. Top with roast. Pour gravy over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10-12 hours (or on HIGH for 5-6 hours) or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast from cooker and let stand 10 minutes. Serve roast with vegetables and gravy.
- TIP: Browning the meat on the stovetop before adding it to the slowcooker adds to the flavor and color of the dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.