- Ready In:
- 250 g plain flour
- 60 g polenta
- 2 egg yolks, beaten up
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 250 g dandelion greens or 250 g nettles
- mix the flour, polenta, milk and egg yolks together in a bowl- it's very dry so of course i got carried away and added heaps of milk, but later the greens add wetness so resist.
- leave it somewhere peaceful to rest for 30 minutes.
- cook your weeds in boiling salted for 10 minutes with the garlic.
- drain and rinse in cold water then drain well.
- add garlic and greens to the floury mixture.
- season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- heat about 1cm of olive oil in a heavy frypan.
- shape mixture into fritters- add flour if too wet.
- fry 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- serve with yoghurt and cold beer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used poke salad greens picked on the bank of the Kentucky River....... I have a bunch in my freezer. They were really awesome, and a new way to use weed! I suggest trying this with cornmeal sometime.....I haven't tried it yet, but I think it would be really good. Great recipe, and thanks for the history.