- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans puree tomatoes (Progresso)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb lasagna noodle (cook according to directions)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese (Precious)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, whole milk, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven (no stainless saucepan).
- Add onions and garlic; saute until lightly browned. Add sausage and beef and cook until browned.
- Add tomato puree, salt & pepper, bay leaf, oregano and parsley; cover and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Add tomato paste and continue simmering uncovered over low heat stirring occasionally for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Layer lasagna pan with sauce, 1/3 noodles,1/3 mozzarella cheese, 1/3 parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Combine 1 cup ricotta with egg & parsley and layer on top. Add more sauce and repeat layers ending with sauce and a dusting of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!